10 Interesting Facts About Amitabh Bachchan
Here are 10 little known but interesting facts about Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan.
Often referred to as the "Shahenshah of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan is still the number one favorite of many Bollywood fans. Here are 10 interesting facts about this amazing actor:
- Amitabh Bachchan was awarded with Padma Vibhushan by The Government of India in the year 2015. The Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award in India given for exceptional and distinguished service.
- Amitabh Bachchan has suffered rejection several times in the early days from his born in Allahabad, to Nainital to Delhi where he has done his studies. In starting his aim was not Entertainment. He wanted to go in Air Force and wanted to serve the country.
- Amitabh began his career in films in 1969 as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen's Bhuvan Shome. Director Satyajit Ray also used Bachchan's voice in his 1977 film Shatranj Ke Khiladi.
- As an actor Amitabh’s first HIT movie was ‘Zanjeer’ in 1973. Earlier, his 12 films had flopped.
- Amitabh’s second job was also in Kolkata as a broker. Before going to the movies, his last salary was Rs.1680. While in Kolkata, he had bought his 1st car that was second-hand Fiat.
- In the movie "Coolie," in a particular fight scene, filming which he was seriously injured and hospitalized for while, the exact moment is marked with a freeze frame and a message - "This is the shot in which Amitabh Bachchan was seriously injured," is displayed in three languages - English, Hindi and Urdu.
- He is the first Indian actor to be paid over 1 Crore INR in remuneration for films. In fact, he was the only star till the 1990s to have been paid in crores.
- In the starting days of his career when Amitabh was struggling actor, at that time music composers Kalyan Ji Anand Ji helped him.
- He was conferred with the Honorary Citizenship of the French town of Deauville, in the year 2003.
- He has a passion for collecting watches and is also known to never wear a watch twice.