Tuesday, Apr 13, 2021 | Last Update : 10:40 AM IST
Bollywood creates a picture in our minds about how love, friendship, and enmity should be like and more often than not, we willingly let it influence us. Be it fashion trends or our favorite party songs, Bollywood plays a role in almost all of our lives. A film’s characters make it or break it and thus characters stay with the audience years after the film’s release. These characters are famous because of their outstanding and unique performances. Few of those characters are:
1. JAI-VEERU (Sholay): One had the denim-clad, reticent charm; the other was a goofy, lovable romantic. Together they gave us Bollywood’s most famous on-screen friendship!
2. MOGAMBO (Mr. India): So, while Bollywood didn’t have any bad guys exactly like Darth Vader but Mogambo, with his style and that mean streak only Amrish Puri could bring to screen, just about made up for that. We still recall his character by saying ‘Mogambo khush hua’.
3. AMAR & PREM (Andaz Apna Apna): Was it their unabashed display of silliness that did us in? Or was it their insane affinity for blunders? We keep guessing as we ROLD’d without a break!
4. VIJAY DINANATH CHAUHAN (Agneepath): He will forever be remembered for the famous dialogue: Vijay Dinanath Chauhan poora naam, baap ka naam Dinanath Chauhan, maa ka naam Suhasini Chauhan, gaon Mandwa, umar chhattis saal.
5. BHIKU MHATRE (Satya): “Mumbai ka king kaun?”. Mhatre lives and breathes the underworld. Bajpayee as Mhatre is bonkers, loyal, ambitious and unafraid.
6. BHUVAN (Lagaan): Yeah, we loved all those runs he scored, but this salute to Bhuvan is for being a hero, a true leader and sticking to his convictions right till the end.
7. TARA SINGH (Gadar): We swear it’s not because of the hand pump scene. Well that too, but more importantly, it was the roaring, the growling, the adrenaline-rousing naare baazi and the cross-border patriotism!
8. RAJ & SIMRAN (Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge): The iconic couple that taught a whole generation that true love involves the girl rushing through a lush sarson ka khet and straight into the outstretched arms of the love of her life.
9. MUNNA & CIRCUIT (The Munna Bhai Series): The tender-at-heart goon and his Man Friday, who dished out many important life lessons while inciting peals of laughter from a loving audience.
10. RANCHO (3 Idiots): “Aal izz well!” That pretty much sums up all of Rancho’s mantras that our generation badly needs a dose of!